Notice of precautions we must take to limit the spread of the new corona virus (SARS CoV 2)
In view of the current situation, it is clear that in addition to our direct responsibility to employees, customers and suppliers, we must also keep an eye on our social responsibility. We wish to take our responsibility seriously and ensure that we do not contribute to the rapidly increasing spread of the virus.
We would therefore like to inform you about our current precautions.
- We have advised our employees of additional personal protective measures they should take.
- Until further notice, we will not accept new bookings for workshop tours and will postpone those already booked.
- In addition to previously cancelled trade fairs and exhibitions, we are currently avoiding all travel activities and as far as feasible will be postponing or restricting visits.
- Please note that our factory outlet and our museum remain closed until further notice.
- In addition to more general information provided to dealers about the precautionary measures we have taken, we will in all cases inform our dealers whether the goods we are supplying have been stored in the warehouse for safety at least 14 days prior to delivery. If for any reason they have not, we would recommend that unpacking is delayed if possible, for two weeks. Public information suggests that the new corona virus is inactivated more quickly in warm, dry conditions.
- For the same reasons, we are also storing instruments received for repair for two weeks before handling. We advise that it is the customer’s choice whether to do the same with instruments returned from repair.
In addition, we would like to refer you to the recommendations currently being published by the reputable media. Below is a small selection of informative sources that we have found informative:
By these actions, we hope we can properly fulfil our responsibility towards the safety of customers, employees, suppliers and the general public. As the situation develops, we will carefully review and then appropriately adjust our policy.
Last edited on October 30th, 2020
Stefan Kömpel – Berthold Mollenhauer