Notice of precautions we must take to limit the spread of the new corona virus (Covid-19)
In view of the current situation re the novel corona virus, it is becoming increasingly clear that in addition to our direct responsibility to employees, customers and suppliers, we must also take account of the possible repercussions our own actions may have for the general healthcare system.
Old people and the acutely or chronically ill represent a special risk group which is highly dependent on a properly functioning healthcare system. We wish to take our responsibility seriously and ensure that we do not contribute to the workload of doctors and hospitals caused by the rapidly increasing spread of the virus.
We would therefore like to inform you about our current precautions:
- We have advised our employees of additional personal protective measures they should take.
- Until further notice, we will not accept new bookings for workshop tours and will postpone those already booked.
- With regret, we have cancelled the weekend course "Folk on the recorder" with Birgit Muggenthaler-Schmack which was due to take place on 21/22 March.
- In addition to previously cancelled trade fairs and exhibitions, we are currently avoiding all travel activities and as far as feasible will be postponing or restricting visits.
- Note that our factory outlet remains closed until further notice.
- In addition to more general information provided to clients about the precautionary measures we have taken, we will in all cases inform our sellers whether the goods we are supplying have been stored in the warehouse for at least 14 days prior to delivery. If for any reason they have not, we would recommend that unpacking is delayed where possible for two weeks. Public information suggests that the new corona virus is inactivated more quickly in warm, dry conditions.
- For the same reasons, we are also storing instruments received for repair for two weeks before handling. We advise that it is the customer’s choice whether to do the same with instruments returned from repair.
In addition we would like to refer you to the recommendations currently being published by the reputable media. Below is a small selection of informative sources that we have found informative:
By these actions, we hope we can properly fulfill our responsibility towards the safety of customers, employees and the general public. As the situation develops, we will carefully review and then appropriately adjust our policy.
Last edited on March 12th, 2020
Conrad Mollenhauer GmbH
Stefan Kömpel - Berthold Mollenhauer